” I came across a Canadian Press release yesterday talking about the poll and it really bothered me. No, the results are NOT valid. The only thing the poll showed with any accuracy is that everyone is ignorant on the subject. I say that those polled should be educated about traffic management practices and what the future may hold for Canadians if the big ISP’s are allowed to have their way, then they take the poll again. Bet you everything I own that the results of that poll will come out completely different than it did the first time.” “But, even though “Most Canadians support the idea of Internet traffic management,” only about one in five of those surveyed had even heard of it, says the Winnipeg Free Press And, “Interestingly,” blogs Michael Geist, just prior to the release of the survey, “one of the people who was called over the weekend (the survey was conducted July 9 – 12th) contacted me to report”. What was the substance of the poll? Questions about traffic shaping, “could be roughly summed up as ‘Did you know that your neighbour’s movie downloading is slowing down your Internet’?” – said the informant. “This doesn’t exactly inspire confidence about some of the poll results,” says Geist. But then, nothing about the inquiry or the various ‘fact-finding’ processes surrounding it inspires confidence.” http://www.p2pnet.net/story/25125/comment-page-1#comment-979019
a: The Internet suppliers (ISP) promised Internet speed is in fact generally a false one, for it is generally only a theoretical speed, and not even the true average speed, an optimum speed under the perfect conditions only, for it depends on many other factors, such as the conditions, type of the connected cable, phone lines, branch services, other equipment. It is in fact like me promising you that you can have all the money in my bank account, but meanwhile I let many other persons collect from it as well. http://thenonconformer.blogspot.com/2007/10/choosing-cable-or-dsl-internet-service.html
b:”Canada’s leading telecommunications carrier, BCE Inc and Kevin Crull, president of Bell Canada’s residential services division, is asking Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his cabinet to reverse a CRTC, which was reaffirmed by regulators on March 3, 2009, ruling requiring the company to offer the same bandwidth speeds to wholesale ISP customers as it does to its own subscribers. The CRTC ruling according to Preexisting regulations already rightfully requires incumbent phone companies (including BCE) to rent network access to smaller internet service providers, so as to foster competition and keep the cost of basic internet service at a reasonable level. This is a very reasonable demand too. Monopolistic BCE naturally argues that the December decision will cut into it’s own revenues nevertheless the Conservative government for the good of all Canadians now, should not listen to the falsely abusive companies like BCE, and not remove these regulatory barriers “
- CRTC to look at how Internet traffic is managed to avoid congestion – THE TRUTH, REALITY? is that Bell seems firstly to have some of the CRTC personnel in their back pocket so this hearing is a farce?
- CRTC to look at how Internet traffic is managed to avoid congestion- Bell Canada’s major ISP ongoing lying distortion to the news media, CRTC, others , undeniable breach of their past contractual obligations to it’s own customers too, that their need for capping the internet downloads was due to the internet congestion traffic it now still faces as an internet service provider is now due solely to the vast P2P , Torrent, downloads is still a A FALSEHOOD, A FALSE SCAPEGOAT, A LIE AND NOT THE REALITY, NOT THE TRUE FACTS. In fact BASICALLY Bell’s congestion problem was due to BELL’S OWN FAULT, due to the fact that Bell had lied, and had oversold FROM THE START, INITIALLY their OWN internet capabilities services to ALL OF it’s customers, others. Because Bell NOW even had obtained many of it’s customers under lies, false statements, false pretence, Bell also now should not even be allowed to keep all of it’s own customers it now had obtained as well. Bell’s congestion problem was initially, undeniably, really due to the truth that it’s own internet system initially were never adequately, fully designed, upgraded to be used as a high speed internet system to all the customers as advertised, rather Bell’s ISP in general was and it is still mainly a low speed internet system Canada wide. Bell needs to be forced to disclose fully, in the truth to all persons in Canada about it’s actual internet capabilities, even telecommunications, iPhone in all areas now as well. You really cannot continue to grow a business based on lies, distortions, falsehoods, even if it is Bell. Additionally Bell monopolistically, falsely is capping all of the internet downloads is to allow the future expansion usages of iphones, and for downloading of customers movies rented from Bell.
- The government ( s ), federal and provincial, should first look at the many, undeniable practices of false, misleading practices by persons like Bell selling their ISP services.. if Bell had firstly told the whole truth about their actual capabilities , they Bell would not have had next a major traffic congestion problem because few people would have initially even taken their ISP services over cable in fact, for in truth the cable ISP can even now be more readily, quickly, and less costly expanded too!!! Bell knew that and so it lied about it’s ISP capabilities to all.. still does as well..
- The governments, CRTC, etc, falsely do allow the corporations to lie because because THEY LIE THEMSELVES AND OFTEN…. who is being lied to when I have posted all these truths facts on the net, to many now too.. it just confirms who the liars now are still too.
No matter how the lying weasels spins the facts, tries to weasel out of the truth, the truth is still know by many too.
APPROPRIATE PUBLIC EXPOSURE AND THE APPROPRIATE PROSECUTION OF THE GUILTY SERVES EVERYONE’S BEST INTEREST
FOR A GOOD NAME IS WORTH MUCH MORE THAN ANY AMOUNT OF SILVER OR GOLD AND A TARNISHED ONE IS WORTHLESS.
- There are some legitimate still reasons for the ISP’s high costs. one is the fact that the telecommunications companies tend to be undeniably very poorly managed, have too many cheap, incapable, incompetent personnel http://thenonconformer.wordpress.com/2008/10/12/bell-telus-team-up-to-upgrade-networks-and-why/
The big corporate do prefer no outside regulating bodies, they want to to deal with each customer individually, divide and conquer approach, for they are afraid of massive class action suits, and there are many now against Bell even
Almost since my first job after graduating from university I had learned that in the real world many people are not to be trusted, they do need to be supervised, and major corruption still exists in construction, universities, municipalities, governments, corporations, amongst professionals and politicians as well.